Our building began its story in Springboro in about 1901 when the Tommy Miller House was built.
The current structure was built on the foundation of an earlier house built circa 1856. Possible traces of an Underground Railroad hiding place are still evident in the basement. Inventor Tommy Miller lived here. The main house reportedly is home to a resident ghost.
Photo: Tommy Miller, right, outside his home.
Tommy Miller had this house built on the foundation of an earlier home that had served for a time as a parsonage for the Methodist church. In a shed located across the street behind 510 South Main, Miller invented and was issued patents for an oilcan and a wagon jack for horse drawn wagons. He also designed the machinery to produce these items, which were manufactured in Springboro and sold through-out the midwestern United States.